Should I go to this interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HarveyCushing

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious what you fellow SDN'ers would do. I have already been accepted to KCUMB, which was one of my top choices, and paid the $2000 deposit. I found out today that I have an interview at CCOM. While doing research CCOM was a school that I was interested in, but definately not one of my top choices. However it would be nice to see the school and be able to make a more informed decision. I won't loose out on any money since I live 10 min away. The only bad thing is that I would be taking up an interview spot, when I am not sure if I would even go there. What should I do.

Members don't see this ad.

It doesn't hurt to shop around. You're going to be making a $200,000 investment in your medical education. You might as well check it out. You may like it better or it may confirm your decision to go to KCUMB.

BTW, what day are you interviewing? I'm interviewing there next Tuesday (03/06).

I think if you are even remotely interested in CCOM, you should go to the interview. Right now, you are viewing what the school looks like on paper. It may seem different when you actually go there and experience it. You never know until you have all the information. This way, you'll settle all doubts and have no regrets later. It's okay to want to attend KCUMB and to want to go to the CCOM interview.

I am going to my COMP interview even though I got into KCUMB and have put down the deposit, for the very reasons I cited above.

Have fun. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Go to the interview. You arent taking up a spot.

CCOM is a very good school. you should definitely go check it out.
I had to cancel the interview because I live in NY.
It would be foolish not to go to an interview in a school that is only 10 mins away.

CCOM is a very good school. you should definitely go check it out.
I had to cancel the interview because I live in NY.
It would be foolish not to go to an interview in a school that is only 10 mins away.

Yeah I agree. After thinking things over I have realized that I don't really have anything to loose. If the interview day doesn't change my mind and make me want to go there, then nothing was lost. However if the day and the people blow me away, watch out, things might get interesting around here.

Just curious what you fellow SDN'ers would do. I have already been accepted to KCUMB, which was one of my top choices, and paid the $2000 deposit. I found out today that I have an interview at CCOM. While doing research CCOM was a school that I was interested in, but definately not one of my top choices. However it would be nice to see the school and be able to make a more informed decision. I won't loose out on any money since I live 10 min away. The only bad thing is that I would be taking up an interview spot, when I am not sure if I would even go there. What should I do.

Stick with your original gut feeling. If you have wanted KCUMB and it was your top choice, stick with it, no reason to cloud your judgement after you have paid your money already. Just my 2 cents.

definitely go!

1) you may be shocked and fall in love with the school
2) i find it interesting just to look through schools, see what its like elsewhere
3) you should at least get a free lunch out if it, right?

Yeah CCOM was a great school, which is why I am currently a matriculant.

It's not my first choice, but it absolutely beat WVSOM hands down in terms of location, physical plant (with the acception of the anat. lab), and the students seemed REALLY bright.

If accepted to PCOM I'd say there is a really good chance I'll forfeit my spot at CCOM. This isn't really because CCOM is worse than PCOM... moreso, I have grown up in PA and I'd like to stay here. CCOM, had a much nicer campus and was located in a nicer area.

I don't think you'll be dissapointed with CCOM. If you have your heart set on KCUMB, it may demonstrate that there are things you hadn't considered...

Then again, it may reinforce your decision for KCUMB.

Harvey my man

I live in the Chicago burbs. Interviewed at CCOM + KCUMB. Accepted to both. As you can see, CCOM is where i'll be. I was biased towards CCOM before my KCUMB interview.
The interview day is very important and give you an impression of how you'll fit in. At KCUMB, I saw no chance of me fitting in nicely and being happy there. The school is great. Also, I like the more 'traditional' CCOM cirriculum rather than the KCUMB one.
You won't be taking up a spot.
Me, someone who has 0 interest in DMU and is waitlisted there telling them to keep me on the waitlist just to see if I would get in or not, thats taking up a spot.
GO! :thumbup:

I had two interviews after I was pretty sure I was going to DMU. I went to both of them. I would go because you never know if that school you didn't go to was the one you let get away.