Should I include shadowing activities from other fields?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SchruteFarms16

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
In addition to shadowing two podiatrists, I also shadowed at a large pediatric dental clinic. It was during a period where I wasn't sure what field to pursue, but now that I've made my decision, I'm wondering if I should include shadowing experiences other than podiatry. I learned a ton shadowing several fields and would like to include these experiences. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

In addition to shadowing two podiatrists, I also shadowed at a large pediatric dental clinic. It was during a period where I wasn't sure what field to pursue, but now that I've made my decision, I'm wondering if I should include shadowing experiences other than podiatry. I learned a ton shadowing several fields and would like to include these experiences. Thanks!
I would for sure! I included shadowing with MDs and DOs in my application and got into all the schools I interviewed at. It shows that you have seen different specialties but still want to go into podiatry which is good.

Reactions: 1 users
I would for sure! I included shadowing with MDs and DOs in my application and got into all the schools I interviewed at. It shows that you have seen different specialties but still want to go into podiatry which is good.
Thank you!

Agreed with the above. Add all your clinical and non-clinical experiences. Then add how your Podiatry experiences led to you in this field and your thought process of applying.