Should I include shadowing activities from other fields?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SchruteFarms16

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In addition to shadowing two podiatrists, I also shadowed at a large pediatric dental clinic. It was during a period where I wasn't sure what field to pursue, but now that I've made my decision, I'm wondering if I should include shadowing experiences other than podiatry. I learned a ton shadowing several fields and would like to include these experiences. Thanks!
 
In addition to shadowing two podiatrists, I also shadowed at a large pediatric dental clinic. It was during a period where I wasn't sure what field to pursue, but now that I've made my decision, I'm wondering if I should include shadowing experiences other than podiatry. I learned a ton shadowing several fields and would like to include these experiences. Thanks!
I would for sure! I included shadowing with MDs and DOs in my application and got into all the schools I interviewed at. It shows that you have seen different specialties but still want to go into podiatry which is good.