Should I mention med school during job interview? ( not gap year job)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jellyfishh

Reaction score
I am a rising junior in college and I am thinking of applying to a CNA position at a hospital to gain clinical experience. If I do get an interview, should I mention that I will be applying to medical school in the future? I will be taking a gap year, so I won't be applying until 2024. I have read several threads of people saying that mentioning med school is a bad idea, but how would I answer questions like "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" or "Why do you want this job?" Do I completely leave medical school out during the interview? I was thinking of mentioning that I want the job because I want to gain clinical experience for med school, but now i'm not so sure. I really want to land this job because I do not have any clinical experience. Any advice is welcome and I would love to hear any personal experiences. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Just say you're interested in gaining exposure to healthcare and broadly interested in jobs in the medical field going forward.

Reactions: 4 users