• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Should I pass/fail?

juyo

Apr 21, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
I currently have a 79% in my physiology class (upper level, not a prereq), so I'll probably end up getting a C+/B- unless I do very well on the final. If it matters, the rest of my courses will likely be either an A/A-, but since my cGPA is 3.5 as a junior, I dont want to weigh it down with a 4 credit weighted C+. Any opinions?

MedSchoolTutors

Top MCAT/USMLE/COMLEX Tutors Answer Your Questions
Vendor
2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2019
www.medschooltutors.com
  1. Medical Student
  2. Resident [Any Field]
  3. Attending Physician
What's your science GPA? I'm sure others may have other opinions but for me that would be the deciding benchmark. Having a 3.5 GPA is not bad by any sense. If your science GPA is right up there in the 3.5 range, than a B- is not the end of the world. Truth be told anything in the B range is not the end of the world anyway. if you have a large discrepancy between your GPA and science GPA then it becomes a more nuanced discussion.

David D MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

juyo

Apr 21, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
What's your science GPA? I'm sure others may have other opinions but for me that would be the deciding benchmark. Having a 3.5 GPA is not bad by any sense. If your science GPA is right up there in the 3.5 range, than a B- is not the end of the world. Truth be told anything in the B range is not the end of the world anyway. if you have a large discrepancy between your GPA and science GPA then it becomes a more nuanced discussion.

David D MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors
Thanks for the reply - my sGPA is 3.3 so it would definitely be adversely affected to a more significant degree.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.