Should I prep class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

birdboybird

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I take prep class...
I plan on taking the test in July.

-The majority of the summer after early July will be spent with the Army.

In the spring I will be taking ROTC, communications 101, Microbiology, Orgo II, and orgo lab.

To take a prep course, would that be crazy on top of that schedule ? Or should I man up and do it?

Members don't see this ad.

Taking a prep course with a busy load would not be manning up. If you end up not being able to attend half of your classes it would be wasting money. Whether you should take a prep class should come down to (1) do I need the help in terms of material and test taking skills and will the class I'm interested in that do that for me? (2) Will I get realistic materials with great answer explanations, and if I don't take the class can I get those elsewhere? (3) Will I get my $1800 to $2395 out of it?

Once you answer those questions, then you'll have your answer.

Yeah, your schedule seems a bit heavy already. Adding a prep course would be overkill. For what it's worth, I hear prep courses aren't worth the money. Sure it's nice to have people explains topics you struggle with in front of you, but at the end of the day all it really provides you is structure. 90% of the time, what you gain from the course is based on the time and effort you put into it and honestly, you'd achieve the same thing by self-studying. Save yourself the money and time and focus on creating a schedule that works for you. From what I've seen here over the years, SN2ed's schedule seems really popular.