Should I push my interview to post-Dec. 1st?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MrHappyTooth

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have already been to 4 interviews and 3/4 have gone very well. I just got an interview invite to NYUCD and when I called to schedule they said that I would have to schedule for November or email the committee to see if I could get a December interview. NYUCD would probably be my last choice of the schools I have interviewed at so far due to location and $$ so I am kind of hoping I could schedule the interview for after Dec. 1st and cancel if I get accepted somewhere else and save the travel money. I'm scared that I won't get accepted to one of the other schools though and regret not interviewing in November at NYU. Why can't schools just tell us earlier if we are accepted!?!
 
I would go (I was in the same position as you and I did go). I think NYU is pretty sensitive about people using them as a backup school and, unless you have a great excuse for delaying the interview, they're going to know why you're postponing after Dec 1.

If anything you can think of it as paying some money for a little bit more peace of mind.