saDDS

10+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2008
Status
Dental Student
I've been studying hard for 6 days a week since June 1. I've read Kaplan, Cliffs, watched all of Chads gchem videos, and done destroyer through 2 times. I've taken the Kaplan CD and Kaplan book test and done pretty well. I am taking a topscore tomorrow to see where I stand with that. It is getting hard to study, I feel like I am just wasting my time now because I can't concentrate like when I first started studying. My test date is August 13th, should I push my date up to maybe July 31st or something?

Last edited:

PrivateJoker

10+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2009
Status
I would take top score test and then see how you stand. You could also take a week off and then hit it hard again for one more week and get in all those little things.

MTD52

Class of 2014
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2008
New Jersey
Status
Dental Student
Hmm that's a tough question. Most people are worried about the other way aorund haha. Anyway, I agree with seeing where you stand with Topscore. Also, you could just start studying 3-4 days a week and give your brain a little break. Studying that often is a lot to handle. That break can do wonders sometimes. I mean I studied every day for the last week and half or so, and then I took a day off before the test. Honestly, I felt so different on that day off. I felt like I knew a lot more, and I really attribute that to giving myself a break.

That being said, see what Topscore brings and then decide.

OP
S

saDDS

10+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2008
Status
Dental Student
ok TS1 done this morning..

Bio 20
GC 18
OC 19
RC 21
QR 18

AA 19

What do you guys think now? I made stupid mistakes on ochem because I felt rushed. I think ochem should be my best subject and that should come up as i get more comfortable with time.

fldnstrm

5+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2009
NY,NY
Status
Dental Student
I agree with privatejoker. If you are having a hard time studying take a break for a week and then hit it hard again. I would also recommend taking as many practice tests as you can to increase your stamina, and also to see where you make those dumb mistakes. I took I think 5 Kaplan practice tests and the 3 topscore practice tests, I felt like on test day it was no big deal, and I wasn't burned out by the time I got to QR. If your confident and want to get the test done with then move it up. If not take a break for a few days then rededicate yourself to studying.
:thumbup:Good luck:thumbup: