Should I put this research experience under the research activity section which was done while taking courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Laktario

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
While I was in the nursing program.
I had three different courses that required research.
1. Two people were teamed up to do research about alternative pain management techniques, required to read several articles, and had to do a poster presentation in class like a conference.
2. The name of this course was literally Research: the team of 4-5 people was assigned to common hospital malpractice? or mistakes such as urinary catheter infection, fall precaution, and patient identification issues. We did qualitative research by reading a lot of journals related to this issue and had to write 10 pages of articles.
3. Five people were teamed up and assigned to a small rural city. We went to the city several times to meet the mayor, healthcare facility (doctors), schools, food bank, water system, etc to see the overall living arrangement and health-related facilities to assess the city and presented our findings and how to improve the community at the end of the semester.

Do you think these think can go under the research activity section?

Members don't see this ad.

The ADEA AADSAS guide says that any research that you list can't have been done as part of classwork or for academic credit. I'd probably email them to ask a professional since I'm just another applicant, but if this was done for a class, it doesn't seem like you can list it as research.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not quite sure if they qualify as "research." They seem more like research projects, not actual research. Unless it’s something like data science, reading a bunch of articles and journals and writing a page about it sounds like doing homework for a class assignment. The verb of doing “research” is different from doing research in school, which I assume would take the structure of working extracurricularly, with a PI or a postdoc. But of course, I may be wrong, so I would suggest reaching out to the schools you want and ask what qualifies as research for them.