jrohazn

2+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I’m in my gap year planning on applying this upcoming cycle. I’m currently employed as a behavior technician part-time, and I thought it’d be a cool experience that would be relevant to my overall theme around helping children. I’m also currently studying for the MCAT that I’ll be taking under 2 months (April 11). I’m currently doing other volunteering gigs (around 26 hrs/week). I’m just on the fence on whether I should quit this gap-year job and focus on my test and increasing my volunteering hours. The scheduling for my work is conflicted with a lot of my volunteering timing, and it’d really take a burden off me so I could dedicate more time to studying for the rest of the time before I take my test. However, would it look bad to quit my gap year job long before I apply? Thank you!

twospadz

5+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Bro you should study the MCAT but also at the same time do overseas work. Maybe in Latin America. It will change your life and make you vastly more interesting candidate.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.