Should I re-apply? How do I re-apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slab the Killer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I unfortunately did not get into any schools last year, and I am trying to figure out how to improve my chances this cycle.
My first question is if I should re-apply this cycle or maybe put it off another year to get more experience. My friend said his father who is a dentist would let me work as an assistant in his office which would help quite a bit with my time spent around dentists. Currently my stats are thus:
cGPA: 3.3
sGPA 3.2
DAT AA/SCIENCE/PAT: 24/23/26

I have about 80 shadowing hours and about 100 non-dental volunteer hours of tutoring. Last cycle I had only one interview at midwestern.

If I should reapply, how do I? When I log onto aadsas I see my old application, but I dont know how to update it or add my new personal statement. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I am surprised that you only landed one interview with those DAT scores....did you only apply to a few schools?

I would apply again and do so broadly. Take the dentist assistant position for your gap year and maybe a few summer courses or something.

Sent from my DROIDX using SDN Mobile

I unfortunately did not get into any schools last year, and I am trying to figure out how to improve my chances this cycle.
My first question is if I should re-apply this cycle or maybe put it off another year to get more experience. My friend said his father who is a dentist would let me work as an assistant in his office which would help quite a bit with my time spent around dentists. Currently my stats are thus:
cGPA: 3.3
sGPA 3.2
DAT AA/SCIENCE/PAT: 24/23/26

I have about 80 shadowing hours and about 100 non-dental volunteer hours of tutoring. Last cycle I had only one interview at midwestern.

If I should reapply, how do I? When I log onto aadsas I see my old application, but I dont know how to update it or add my new personal statement. Any help is greatly appreciated!

When did you apply last year? Did you have the shadowing and volunteer hours before you applied? What was your list of schools like? Do you have any red flags like academic dishonesty or legal issues? Some of this info could possibly help us figure out why you didn't have much luck last year.