Should I re-take the MCAT again

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WLDR

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied this cycle to 16 MD and 6 DO, got one interview MD "wait-listed" and two DO interviews " 2 rejects and one alternate" . My stats is 352 GPA and 506 MCAT Bio and Chem were pretty high (128) Pych (127) CARS(123). Should I reapply for next cycle with the these STAT or try to take MCAT again. I have did research, showing and volunteering for 11 months in undeserved community school system. Thanks you for the advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I applied this cycle to 16 MD and 6 DO, got one interview MD "wait-listed" and two DO interviews " 2 rejects and one alternate" . My stats is 352 GPA and 506 MCAT Bio and Chem were pretty high (128) Pych (127) CARS(123). Should I reapply for next cycle with the these STAT or try to take MCAT again. I have did research, showing and volunteering for 11 months in undeserved community school system. Thanks you for the advice.
Retake it "again?" How different was your prep the first time vs this time? Are there things you can think of that would significantly improve it on round 3?

I was kind of over confident with less than one month studying for it, but I guess I was wrong CARS was my weakest !

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to more DO schools this cycle if you don't mind going DO over MD. MDs will look down on your low CARS score, DOs might be more lenient. If you prefer MD, then retake the MCAT and make sure there's improvement in everything. You might wanna break a 510 overall score and at least a 127 in CARS for that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Which schools did you apply to? Where is your state of residence?
Live in Michigan, Currently in Brooklyn NY with CitiYear program
Wayne state
MSU MD
Oakland
U of Toledo
Striker
Cooper MD WL
NY upstate
SHU
ATSU Alernate
Lecom POSTBac offer
BCOM
WEST VIRGINIA

I'm literally in the same position. I'm applying this year with a 3.65 and a 506 but a 124 in CARS. If I apply early would I have a chance? Also are there are schools that you would recommend? My parents are residents of California but I'm a resident of D.C.
Really stressing out about how badly MD's are going to look at the 124 so I could really use the advice

I'm literally in the same position. I'm applying this year with a 3.65 and a 506 but a 124 in CARS. If I apply early would I have a chance? Also are there are schools that you would recommend? My parents are residents of California but I'm a resident of D.C.
Really stressing out about how badly MD's are going to look at the 124 so I could really use the advice

Apply to more DO schools this cycle if you don't mind going DO over MD. MDs will look down on your low CARS score, DOs might be more lenient. If you prefer MD, then retake the MCAT and make sure there's improvement in everything. You might wanna break a 510 overall score and at least a 127 in CARS for that.

Same advice I gave earlier. See above.

if you take it again I would aim 510+ or not worth the time

I think that your interview skills need much more work than your MCAT score.

When you reapply include ALL your Michigan schools including Central Michigan and Western Michigan. Add the new MD schools: Seton Hall, NOVA MD and California University. Apply more broadly to DO schools-at least 12 schools.