Should I re-take this course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EyRaB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going into 3rd year UBC Vancouver in September (I finished my 2 year undergraduate diploma) and I'm looking at my un-official transcript right now on my universities website. My grades all range from B's-A+'s (depending on the course).

However, in my first semester of first year AND my second semester of first year I really screwed up on calculus (the only course i did bad in). This was because my study habits for this course were wrong. "Oh its monday, I dont have calculus until thursday, I can work on my other course material and on wednesday I have all day to tackle it." That was the rational of thinking I had. It works fine with other types of courses but I'm weak in math and I should have really been practicing 2-3 hours a day for consistency.

I got a C- in first semester calculus, and a B- in second semester calculus. I'm now more mature and really want to master calculus. Is it worth it to re-take the C-? How do medical schools look at repeats? Is it an average of the two times you took it? At this point it looks like anything could be better than the C- I got.

Also, should I retake the B-? If I had gotten a B I would've probably been happy but that - sign is killing me. My GPA is borderline for acceptance atm so anything will help.

Thanks for the insight guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: