Should I reapply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IcanSEEanOD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Every optometry school is competitive. I would take the advice of those people and apply as early as possible. This gives you a chance to get in before the more "competitive" people do. I turned in my app as soon as I could, and I was accepted without any problems. My OAT score was slightly lower than yours at TS330/AA330, but my GPA is higher (over 3.9). Your best bet is to start the admissions process as early as possible. Otherwise, if you wait till the end, you better have close to perfect stats. I doubt that I would get accepted if I applied very late. Also, if you like other schools, you should apply to them as well. The only school that was in the running for me was PCO. Good luck!

I sent in my application so that it would arrive at PCO the very first day they began accepting them, Sept. 1. A couple of weeks after that they sent a letter requesting an interview. I interviewed on Oct. 20. Then I took a little break, and then studied for the OAT over semester break. Took the OAT in Feb. I decided that it was best to apply ASAP and then worry about the OAT later, and apparently that method paid off. The most important thing is to get those apps in as soon as you can.