Should I apply with these scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pat8441

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I recently took the OAT for the second time and I got a 280 TS/ 270AA. The first time I took it I scored much lower, but overall I improve from the first time. My GPA is 3.1 with over 40 plus hours of shadow due to covid and close to 80hrs of community service. Plus I have good gpa trend going up to my senior year. A big part for me not performing well was due to health problems, so I'm not sure what to do. Any advice would help.

Members don't see this ad.

So, I recently took the OAT for the second time and I got a 280 TS/ 270AA. The first time I took it I scored much lower, but overall I improve from the first time. My GPA is 3.1 with over 40 plus hours of shadow due to covid and close to 80hrs of community service. Plus I have good gpa trend going up to my senior year. A big part for me not performing well was due to health problems, so I'm not sure what to do. Any advice would help.
Sorry to say this but I don't think you can make it with the current stats. You can certainly try and see what happens, nobody can't be 100% sure, but...
All I can say is aim for schools with lower average numbers and get in touch with admission office. They will likely ask you to get at least 300 on the OAT. Study well and take it again just one more time for better score. Then apply early in the next cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
Retake your OAT. Your GPA should be fine but as someone said above you need to aim for 300+. GL!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Retake your OAT. Your GPA should be fine but as someone said above you need to aim for 300+. GL!
I'm in a similar situation with a 310aa/ 280ts on my first attempt with pretty similar experiences. Would I make the cut? I feel like my TS is bringing me down.

I'm in a similar situation with a 310aa/ 280ts on my first attempt with pretty similar experiences. Would I make the cut? I feel like my TS is bringing me down.
I would say it depends on the school you are applying to. Schools like MCPHS would take scores similar to yours.

i would definitely suggest studying more and retaking!

For anyone following this I ended up getting interviews with PCO and NECO

Reactions: 1 user
For anyone following this I ended up getting interviews with PCO and NECO
Did you complete your interviews yet? if so how long did it take for you to hear back from both of them? Are you leaning towards one of the schools and why?

Did you complete your interviews yet? if so how long did it take for you to hear back from both of them? Are you leaning towards one of the schools and why?
PCO was literally instantly and NECO was about a week. My interviews are still coming up. They're both great schools so I think what's going to be the differentiator is the "feel" of the school during the tours.