should i release my comlex score to allopathic programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adost2002

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi. i did 12 points better on step 2 usmle but did worse on comlex step ii. should i release comlex scores as well to the allopathic programs? do they care about my comlex scores going down? i'm applying to allopathic internal medicine. do they make any assumptions if i don't release my comlex scores?

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's better to release it, but it depends.

Some PD's will only care about USMLE's. IN that case, they won't care about your COMLEX, and whether you release it or not will not matter.

Some PD's will care about your COMLEX. IN that case, they may see your absence of COMLEX scores as a big red flag.

One option would be to not release them, and then release them on request of PD's. Simply state "as I took the USMLE's, I assumed you would not consider my COMLEX scores. I'll release them today." if asked.

It also depends on your COMLEX scores. If you got a 752 on step 1 and then a 698 on Step 2, no one is going to care and you should simply release them. If you got a 490 on step 1 and then a 422 on Step 2, that's much more of a concern.