Should I resubmit my FAFSA?

Started by Adapt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I already sent in my FAFSA to two schools. However, I just interviewed at another school that I would go to if accepted, but I didn't include them on the FAFSA.

I haven't received a decision yet, but I have a feeling it will be a waitlist or rejection. My question is, should I just resubmit my FAFSA and add that school now, or wait for a decision. Also, does anyone know the latest we can submit FAFSA by in order to be considered for loans?
 
Yes, just resubmit the FAFSA to any schools you might be considering going to. There really is no deadline for Stafford loans (the deadline for the 2004-2005 school year is in June of 2005).
 
Originally posted by mpp
Yes, just resubmit the FAFSA to any schools you might be considering going to. There really is no deadline for Stafford loans (the deadline for the 2004-2005 school year is in June of 2005).
I see. So just one more question. The school's policy is that if you want to be considered for institutional loans, you need to supply your parental information.

I didn't put my parental information the first time, so I would have to add it. I don't know if institutional loans make up a big part of how much students would borrow. Do you think it's worth it then to add it when resubmitting. I would assume that if I don't add it then I would just get Stafford loans and private loans. Is that correct?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Correct. However, the school may also check to see if you are eligible for institutional grants/scholarships (free money). So it might be in your best interest to try and get that parental information. Talk to the financial aid office and see what you might be giving up by not providing the parental information.