Should I retake a prerequisite from 2015 its psychology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone i'm about to graduate from CC with my degree in gen eds and transfer to the 4 year to take my science classes should I retake psychology i took in 2015 i got a b- on it ?

i'm already doing 5 classes this semester ?
 
The only reason to retake a class is if you got a C- or below. It being a little older shouldn't be a reason as most schools don't have expiration dates on courses. Plus psychology isn't really a pre-req for most schools anyways.

I personally have a pre-req from 2013 that I will not be retaking and I am applying to med school next year.
 
There is no reason to retake a prerequisite unless the school that you're applying to specifies an expiration or a minimum grade. Nearly all of my prerequisites were from 2009-2012 when I applied during 2020-2021 cycle. The only exceptions were when I supplanted an undergraduate course with one I took as part of my graduate degree.