Should I retake? Advice please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gabbyb2096

Reaction score
My scores were pretty meh.
Bio 52
Chem: 82
Reading: 99
Quant: 51
Composite: 83

Some people have said since my composite is good that I shouldn't retake. I'm not sure what to do. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You will still get into a pharmacy school with those scores. Maybe not the top schools but you will get into a good amount.
But in my opinion, the only scores that really matter to me are bio and chem. And maybe math.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your composite gives you a promising chance. However, you'd want to ask yourself if the Bio and Quant scores are a good reflection of your mastery in these subjects. If you've done well on both in the past, and the PCAT was just testing anxiety, then apply. You can use the strength of your coursework/GPA to waive concerns about your competency.

If not, it might be worth it to retake the PCAT, especially if you're applying the next cycle or looking at top schools.

Bio 52

Some people have said since my composite is good that I shouldn't retake. I'm not sure what to do. Advice would be greatly appreciated.
yeah i agree with what most people said, i think you should give it a try to pull up chem and bio scores bc admissions would view those scores more specifically, although your composite is good

yeah i agree with what most people said, i think you should give it a try to pull up chem and bio scores bc admissions would view those scores more specifically, although your composite is good
Is this another troll? HAHAHAHA

Bio 52

You did very good and should definitely apply with this score.