This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaxoEndo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My first time taking DAT Bio/GC/OC/PAT/QR/RC/TS/AA My scores are 20/18/21/23/22/19/20/20.
I am a non-traditional students, my previous school I had 3.3 GPA and at my new school which i am currently attending which I have taken 80+ Credit Hours I have 3.6 GPA. Overall science I have 3.4 GPA.

I have some what solid EC, military experience, volunteer hours and 300+ shadowing hours.

I know my scores aren't solid for top schools, so should I retake my DAT again?

Members don't see this ad.

My first time taking DAT Bio/GC/OC/PAT/QR/RC/TS/AA My scores are 20/18/21/23/22/19/20/20.
I am a non-traditional students, my previous school I had 3.3 GPA and at my new school which i am currently attending which I have taken 80+ Credit Hours I have 3.6 GPA. Overall science I have 3.4 GPA.

I have some what solid EC, military experience, volunteer hours and 300+ shadowing hours.

I know my scores aren't solid for top schools, so should I retake my DAT again?

Congratulations! You should be proud of these scores. I would also like to say thank for your military service.

Your best bet is to contact the schools you want to attend with your stats, even with all my years of experience I can not answer your question with 100 percent accuracy. IMO, a retake will not be necessary, but again there are a lot of variables that can affect acceptance or rejection.

Nancy

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations! You should be proud of these scores. I would also like to say thank for your military service.

Your best bet is to contact the schools you want to attend with your stats, even with all my years of experience I can not answer your question with 100 percent accuracy. IMO, a retake will not be necessary, but again there are a lot of variables that can affect acceptance or rejection.

Nancy

Thank you for your kind words, but as far as i researched asian candidates tend to have a higher dat score and GPA which I will be competing against. (bc me being one of them) if i consider that factor should I retake it? I am pretty sure if i retake it, i can get higher scores on science, math and pat but i am mot to sure about Rc, would it look bad if i retake it and have a lower rc?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your kind words, but as far as i researched asian candidates tend to have a higher dat score and GPA which I will be competing against. (bc me being one of them) if i consider that factor should I retake it? I am pretty sure if i retake it, i can get higher scores on science, math and pat but i am mot to sure about Rc, would it look bad if i retake it and have a lower rc?
I do not think all Asian applicants will have high DAT scores and GPAs. There will be variation among all Asian applicants, just like any other racial group. And I could be wrong, but I do not think the adcoms will only consider stats and race for your application.

I think it's worth applying without retaking. You have a pretty good shot.