Should I retake the MCAT in January/prep for a reapplication cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boredbanana

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did a DO only cycle due to my stats (498-3.6). I have received 2 II’s up until now (unfortunately one was a post interview R and the other one I still have to attend). I really would obviously love to get in this cycle but I’m worried about my chances. I’m hoping I can get more movement in the spring from other schools, but I know this is not guaranteed

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Which schools did you apply to ? Where were your interviews ?
Interview that was post R was Noorda-COM. Upcoming interview at a new DO school BUCOM. I applied to LMU DCOM, Burrell, MontanaCOM (I got an email a month ago about being under consideration for an II), WCUCOM sent me a secondary and I hear they’re selective with secondaries. I forget where else but those are the main schools

Members don't see this ad :)
Would love to just get into any 1 of those schools

Reactions: 1 user
BUCOM seems to be taking a good amount of sub-500 MCATs. LMU-DCOM is probably the same way, also. When is your BUCOM interview?

Add more schools this week and I suggest these:
TUNCOM
KHSC-COM
NYIT-AR
ARCOM
ACOM
OCOM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
LECOM (all schools)
UIWSOM
ICOM
Most of these schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range so you could receive interviews with your 498.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Add more schools this week and I suggest these:
TUNCOM
KHSC-COM
NYIT-AR
ARCOM
ACOM
OCOM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
LECOM (all schools)
UIWSOM
ICOM
Most of these schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range so you could receive interviews with your 498.
Thank you! I’ll add the schools. I think a couple I might’ve applied to

BUCOM seems to be taking a good amount of sub-500 MCATs. LMU-DCOM is probably the same way, also. When is your BUCOM interview?
It’s on the 28th! I noticed, my GPA isn’t stellar either and I’m not a TN resident so I’m not sure how that admissions decision will fare