Medical Should I retake the MCAT now based on my scores on full length practice tests?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have been studying for my 3rd mcat retake . My 1st and 2nd scores were 490 and 500. Now that I have been studying for the mcat for a few months now , I have not seen much of a change. So far my FLs have been between 502 and 506 which were the scores I had in my practice exams before I took the 2nd mcat. I’m not sure if I should continue studying because I feel like I hit a plateau in my scores . Should I retake the mcat or just continue applying with the mcat score I have now?

There is no point in retaking the MCAT now, since it seems your score is unlikely to improve, but rather than discontinue studying, why not delay your intended MCAT retake date and give yourself more time?

Members don't see this ad.

I agree that if you aren't seeing a truly significant and CONSISTENT improvement to your goal score range, you are better served delaying your third attempt until you get there. Remember some schools evaluate the AVERAGE of the MCAT attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.