Medical Should I retake the MCAT with 511?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I took my MCAT last month and scored 511. I want to retake the test because of my low CARS score(124). Currently, I already submitted my primary and secondaries to all the schools I'm applying to.

Do you think it's possible to take another test when I indicated no future test date in my primary app? I did that to make sure schools do not delay reviewing my app. In the meantime, I was thinking there would be some chance schools get my new score before reviewing my application. Or maybe I can just send them an update. While I will be happy to go to any school that will accept me, I wanted to give it another shot to boost my chances for higher tier schools.

Thank you for reading my post. Continue to stay safe and healthy.
Nope. You're still competitive for Plenty of fine schools. CARS gets cut the most slack

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you for all your answers! Just to confirm, the admissions committee will not care about the new score because I indicated so, right?
Don't retake. I'm not sure what you mean by "the new score", but if they like your application as it stands, they will offer you an interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.