1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Should I retake these classes?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jeremmed77, Jul 29, 2011.

1. jeremmed77

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I am graduating in a year with a 3.6 gpa and will be taking the mcat after finishing up the prerequisites at a community college (I know this is looked down upon but I cannot afford to stay at the university). So far I have a D in an upper level English course (Took this at the same community college), a C in an upper level psychology class, and another C in General Chemistry two.

Since I cannot fit any of these classes into my schedule for the next year, I decided to retake the English class (Which is only offered at the community college) and the Chemistry (Which I took at a four year university) before I apply. I want to retake the chemistry class at the community college instead of the university. I have a couple of questions regarding this situation.

1.) Would DO schools replace the Chemistry grade if it was originally taken at a four year university, but retaken at a community college?

2.) Would it be better to retake the D I got in English versus the C I got in Chemistry?

Thanks for the help!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CodeBlu

CodeBlu Dream Weaver
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    IMO... retaking C's is not the beneficial. Meets the cut off for most schools pre-reqs.

Re-taking the D in English can benefit you at schools that require a C in a pre-req.

4. torshi

torshi Squirrel
    5+ Year Member

Just retake them and ace them, this will improve your already decent GPA. And yes to your first question, doesn't matter where you take it.

5. torshi

torshi Squirrel
    5+ Year Member

:thumbup:

6. leggo

Pre-Medical
    +1 to what Codblue said.

Taking upper level courses may be better than simply taking the same course again, especially if you passed the course.