"Should I retake this class?" Calculator

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BB8730

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
brakk026's "Should I retake this class?" Calculator​
retakecalcscreenshot_zps13bf8945.jpg

(screenshot)​

What is it?
It's an Excel spreadsheet that will quickly tell you whether a retake is worthwhile or not. A retake is deemed worthwhile if your expected GPA after the retake is higher than your expected GPA if you were to take a different class instead. It uses AACOMAS rules for retakes and GPA calculations.

How do I use it?
Download the Excel file in this post and open it. Instructions are at the bottom of the calculator.

Caveats
•This does not take into account how a particular school will view retakes
•This does not take magnitudes of GPA differences into account. If your GPA with the retake is 3.51 and without the retake is 3.50, it will say that the retake is worth it. Use your judgement to determine if the retake really is worth it.
•The accuracy of this calculator is entirely dependent on how accurate your grade estimations are. For best results, I would recommend to enter grades that you KNOW FOR SURE that you can attain.

This program is free for anyone to use, share, or edit as they wish. Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions for improvements!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• brakk026RetakeCalculator.xlsx
    11 KB · Views: 86
Thank you for this, I have been debating about whether to re-take a few classes but I wasn't sure if it would be worth it. I am going to try it out :)