Should I rethink this courseload?

Started by Boomchic
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Boomchic

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm planning on taking:

Gen Phys, Gen Chem, Intro Stats (only did precalculus, my major requires stats so I'm doing that), and a public health course (my major). 14 credits total.

I think it should be doable with my good study skills, I'm destroying gen bio 1 this summer getting A's on every exam and I should continue that with Gen Bio 2 in a month.

I utilize rate my professor all the time and I won't take a class with a professor unless I absolutely have to.
From what I have read, Chem is going to be easy, physics a pain, stat is up in the air (no staff listed yet, but I hope its the good guy), and my PBH people are great.

I do believe this is a "you can do it!" post, but I want to hear some people if they have had experiences with this stuff before.

My plan was to knock out gen chem 1, gen phys 1 this fall then finish both sequences in spring with two public health courses. Organic chem in the summer (maybe, might wait until fall/spring), few more biology and public health courses in fall 2016 graduate hopefully spring 2017.

Thanks! <3
 
No one else is going to be able to answer this for you.

Just be honest with yourself, you are the only one who knows how well you are at time management, study habits, mastery in science classes, etc.

I would rate that combination of courses as relatively easy, but at the same time-intensive to stay on top of the material. If you are questioning whether you can do it, then I would advise lessening the load. It is better to determine your maximum potential with gradual increments rather than overdoing it and doing poorly.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
looks easy in my opinion
my school has a set year of gen chem, bio, phys, and calc +1 elective for both semesters of first year. 3 labs per term. we all survived 🙂
 
I'm planning on taking:

Gen Phys, Gen Chem, Intro Stats (only did precalculus, my major requires stats so I'm doing that), and a public health course (my major). 14 credits total.

I think it should be doable with my good study skills, I'm destroying gen bio 1 this summer getting A's on every exam and I should continue that with Gen Bio 2 in a month.

I utilize rate my professor all the time and I won't take a class with a professor unless I absolutely have to.
From what I have read, Chem is going to be easy, physics a pain, stat is up in the air (no staff listed yet, but I hope its the good guy), and my PBH people are great.

I do believe this is a "you can do it!" post, but I want to hear some people if they have had experiences with this stuff before.

My plan was to knock out gen chem 1, gen phys 1 this fall then finish both sequences in spring with two public health courses. Organic chem in the summer (maybe, might wait until fall/spring), few more biology and public health courses in fall 2016 graduate hopefully spring 2017.

Thanks! <3
I did it. Calculus 2, Bio 2 Chemistry 2, and Anatomy and Physiology 2. It was like that for four semesters.. Got a 4.o and really enjoyed myself. Never went without at least 8 hours of sleep. This is coming from somebody who nearly failed out of highschool. Just don't plan on having too much of a life outside of school. If you want to do well on the MCAT or DAT, I would avoid ratemyprofessor, though.
 
I'm planning on taking:

Gen Phys, Gen Chem, Intro Stats (only did precalculus, my major requires stats so I'm doing that), and a public health course (my major). 14 credits total.

I think it should be doable with my good study skills, I'm destroying gen bio 1 this summer getting A's on every exam and I should continue that with Gen Bio 2 in a month.

I utilize rate my professor all the time and I won't take a class with a professor unless I absolutely have to.
From what I have read, Chem is going to be easy, physics a pain, stat is up in the air (no staff listed yet, but I hope its the good guy), and my PBH people are great.

I do believe this is a "you can do it!" post, but I want to hear some people if they have had experiences with this stuff before.

My plan was to knock out gen chem 1, gen phys 1 this fall then finish both sequences in spring with two public health courses. Organic chem in the summer (maybe, might wait until fall/spring), few more biology and public health courses in fall 2016 graduate hopefully spring 2017.

Thanks! <3

Seems doable. Intro stats is generally not a very difficult class. Didn't find the math difficult for chem but if you've never taken chemistry before you'll have a harder time grasping some of the new concepts the class introduces.