Should i send an email with my picture?

Started by souled394
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

souled394

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted a secondary without uploading a picture because it said it was optional, but since I've now taken a picture for other schools that required it I was wondering if I should send an email to them with that picture? Or would they just think it's annoying?
 
I didn't think it was a big deal, except when they interview you they have your photo with your app. Probably helps the interviewers to keep people straight. I'd send an e-mail to them (without the attachment) to ask them if they would want your photo now that you have one. If they say no, then no big deal, otherwise send it... as long as it's not a glamor shot or your victory at a hotdog eating championship.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think it is a good thing to have in your file. They do use the photos during and after the interview so it will just become part of your file.
 
I think they just use it so they can identify you during interview days. Surely they don't base who the offer an II on the picture. Unless you are like, really attractive (kidding--maybe?).
 
I think they just use it so they can identify you during interview days. Surely they don't base who the offer an II on the picture. Unless you are like, really attractive (kidding--maybe?).
i got no doubt that attractiveness can play on a small subconscious bias 😉
 
i got no doubt that attractiveness can play on a small subconscious bias 😉

bro actual attractive people don't actually have to insinuate that they are attractive because it's a self evident fact
also this is the internet, we don't care because we can't see you
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bro actual attractive people don't actually have to insinuate that they are attractive because it's a self evident fact
also this is the internet, we don't care because we can't see you
oh i know. i'm just saying is all?