Should I send out my application to more schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bevo

Radiology, R1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was going about this conservativly for reasons I dont want to get into right now. Anyways, Im currently applying to TCOM, CCOM, PCOM, and NYCOM and was going to apply to that new school in Virginia once it became accredited. Anyways, I was wondering if I should apply to a few more schools right now.
My stats are a 3.14 post bacc gpa, 3.0 science post bacc. Undergrad gpa of 2.4 and a science gpa of like a 1.8. I got a 21 on my august MCAT, 7V-6-PS-8BS-P WR. I got some research experience in neuroscience and some volunteer experience in a hospital and a few other organizations like MediSend. I have a DO doctor who said he would write me a LOR and was supposed to have sent it out to those schools already, but they have not received it as of yet.

Anyways, I am planning on retaking the MCAT this april and was going to be applying for matriculation in the fall of 2004 to all the Texas schools and all of teh DO schools unless I got real lucky with one of the shcools Im applying to right now. Would it be a waist of money to apply to more schools or should I just let everything ride as is and hope I get lucky?

Members don't see this ad.

You really need to apply to Pikesville, LECOM, and UHS. They will give you the best chances. No matter what, it will be tough.

Good luck.

Look to check which schools show state preference before wasting too much money...but you should apply more broadly and work on your grades & scores.

after this semester my grades wont change too much. Ive been a post bacc for 2 years now Im working on showing an upward progression though.

Scores I know I can change and will this april.