Should I send recommendations now ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vimal98

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Friends,

I have question about recommendations. I am taking MCAT in August and still going to apply. Now I was shadowing one Physician for month or so and She is ready with her recommendation. I was wondering should I send the recommendations to the schools now or hold those letters with Physician. Or should I keep it ?

Thanks for help.

Members don't see this ad.

vimal98 said:
Friends,

I have question about recommendations. I am taking MCAT in August and still going to apply. Now I was shadowing one Physician for month or so and She is ready with her recommendation. I was wondering should I send the recommendations to the schools now or hold those letters with Physician. Or should I keep it ?

Thanks for help.

you can send your letters as soon as your secondary is complete. if they receive them before your secondary, they will throw them out- literally.

You could put the letter on file with Interfolio or your schools letter forwarding so it will be ready to fire off as soon as your secondary is complete.

I would send all of your letters together, so they don't get misplaced. Also, if they don't have a file for you, then they will throw them out. But, if you have already started some secondaries while you study for the MCAT, then you can send the letters.