Should I send step 2ck score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reviving_rose

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I’m having trouble deciding whether to send out my step 2 ck score that came back today. I’m a US 4th yr applying to diagnostic radiology and medicine (hopefully transitional year). I already certified and submitted my app Sept. 5th and requested my USMLE transcript on the 4th. On ERAS it looks like only step 1 will be sent because step 2 came in after I requested the transcript.

Step 1: 260
Clerkships: All honors
MSPE lists me as one of the top 3 students at an unranked MD school in the Northeast.
No red flags
4 pubs, 3 first author, all in rads, with involvement since M1
LORs will be strong
*Didn’t take CS yet so that will be missing from the app.
Step 2: 244

Should I include CK? Will including it hurt my application? I’d prefer not to given my step 1 score and the rest of the app but I believe I’ve read that some TYs will not send out invites without a step 2 ck score (someone please correct me if I’m wrong). Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You are going to be a radiologist.

Eventually, programs will require your step two in order to rank you.

You will be fine.

Reactions: 1 users
Jesus christ your application is glistening, bravo! I unfortunately don't have an answer to your question just wanted to say kudos.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I would wait for now and send it in a few months once you have your CS score. No clue about TYs wanting to see CK but I find that unlikely. If you aren't getting TY invites you can send your score in a month.

Thanks so much everyone! In the end I decided to send it. It's a score to be proud of nonetheless. I even got my first TY interview today much to my surprise. Hope this helps future applicants!

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks so much everyone! In the end I decided to send it. It's a score to be proud of nonetheless. I even got my first TY interview today much to my surprise. Hope this helps future applicants!
Congrats man!!! Please add your TY information to this list if possible