Should I stay or should I go?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monstromyfishy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
SDNers,

Please help me with my dilemma. I am currently sitting at Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry. We just started the Maps program a few days ago. However, I was just accepted to Loma Linda SOD just now off their waitlist. It was my top choice. I'm from cali and all my friends and family are there.
I just settled into Nashville and obviously spent lots of money on moving out here plus school fees and such. I've also got a small scholarship here at Meharry and i feel guilty that im leaving a spot open. But LLU is my dream school and it's not my fault that they contacted me so late.. They probably won't be giving me a scholarship. Cost is about the same with Meharry being just a tad cheaper. So SDN, what do you think, should I stay or should I go?

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, what we say doesn't matter at all. You're the one freaking going to dental school. Why do you care about what we think? Do what you want to do. Are you simply looking for affirmation of your choice? Seriously , it's your life, not SDN's. Who the hell cares what SDN thinks? Do what makes you happy. Seriously. C'mon now.

Reactions: 1 user
Okay, what we say doesn't matter at all. You're the one freaking going to dental school. Why do you care about what we think? Do what you want to do. Are you simply looking for affirmation of your choice? Seriously , it's your life, not SDN's. Who the hell cares what SDN thinks? Do what makes you happy. Seriously. C'mon now.

tone of voice not necessary.

but point still stands. Life decisions like this shouldn't be made on SDN. It seems you already have all the information at hand, so no one here can really help you anymore.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
SDNers,

Please help me with my dilemma. I am currently sitting at Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry. We just started the Maps program a few days ago. However, I was just accepted to Loma Linda SOD just now off their waitlist. It was my top choice. I'm from cali and all my friends and family are there.
I just settled into Nashville and obviously spent lots of money on moving out here plus school fees and such. I've also got a small scholarship here at Meharry and i feel guilty that im leaving a spot open. But LLU is my dream school and it's not my fault that they contacted me so late.. They probably won't be giving me a scholarship. Cost is about the same with Meharry being just a tad cheaper. So SDN, what do you think, should I stay or should I go?

Make yourself happy,. Write the pros on and cons of stayin at meharry on piece of paper.

Do the same for Loma Linda

Then compare

Posted using SDN Mobile

What is the Maps program? Is that like an optional summer head start/preparation program before dental school? Or is it a mandatory program that ALL your classmates are doing? If it's the former than I would see what I could do to attend LLU. If it's the latter, then you've already matriculated (Meharry would lose a spot + tuition in their class for 4 years) and it would be a poor decision to try to attend LLU now.

I don't know but to me it sounds like you want to go to LLU. Ask yourself, where do you see yourself living for 4 years? where would you feel the happiest?

I would go to LLU on the basis of my family and friends being in the area. However, that's just my opinion, and you should think before making a quick decision!

What is the Maps program? Is that like an optional summer head start/preparation program before dental school? Or is it a mandatory program that ALL your classmates are doing? If it's the former than I would see what I could do to attend LLU. If it's the latter, then you've already matriculated (Meharry would lose a spot + tuition in their class for 4 years) and it would be a poor decision to try to attend LLU now.

If it's the latter then it would be their fault if they can't fill the spot and not his. He ought to feel bad for about a day, at most.

Go to LLU. It sounds like its what you really want to do, but you just want some reassurance! You don't want to regret it!