Should I still apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Autohasa

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I wanted some input. I'm debating on whether I should apply to DO schools this cycle considering it is late. I graduated in August with a BS in psychology and minor in Chem. I have an overall gpa of 3.75 (haven't calculated my sgpa). My mcat score is low at a 499 (125,122,124,128). I have 80 hours of shadowing from 2 physicians (1 MD and 1 DO) and have letters from both and was apart of 2 clubs in college for long periods (3 years for each club). Just wanted to get your guys input to help me figure out if I should apply or wait until after my mcat retake. Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Volunteer, research, clinical job? I don't think they'll crumble up your application because of your mcat. Check with schools to see what their avg matriculant stats are that you want to apply to

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Retake the MCAT and apply 6.1.17

Hello all, I wanted some input. I'm debating on whether I should apply to DO schools this cycle considering it is late. I graduated in August with a BS in psychology and minor in Chem. I have an overall gpa of 3.75 (haven't calculated my sgpa). My mcat score is low at a 499 (125,122,124,128). I have 80 hours of shadowing from 2 physicians (1 MD and 1 DO) and have letters from both and was apart of 2 clubs in college for long periods (3 years for each club). Just wanted to get your guys input to help me figure out if I should apply or wait until after my mcat retake. Thanks so much!

Reactions: 1 user