Should I still have to submit supplemental application?

Started by Ericjsyi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ericjsyi

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is what I received from the school Jan 7th (before I took the PCAT)

"Greetings to you from Lipscomb University College of Pharmacy! Based on the information you have provided up to this point, we are eager to consider you for an interview opportunity. However, we are waiting to receive your Lipscomb Supplemental Application to begin the review of your admissions file. At this time, your application has been placed on “HOLD” until this important information is received."

I took the PCAT on Jan 9th for the 1st time and I got 23 composite and 3 sub categories are lower than school PCAT requirement score. (45th Composite, 30th in sub categories)

Should I still go ahead and submit the supplemental even though I don't meet the PCAT requirement? or should not?
 
This is what I received from the school Jan 7th (before I took the PCAT)

"Greetings to you from Lipscomb University College of Pharmacy! Based on the information you have provided up to this point, we are eager to consider you for an interview opportunity. However, we are waiting to receive your Lipscomb Supplemental Application to begin the review of your admissions file. At this time, your application has been placed on “HOLD” until this important information is received."

I took the PCAT on Jan 9th for the 1st time and I got 23 composite and 3 sub categories are lower than school PCAT requirement score. (45th Composite, 30th in sub categories)

Should I still go ahead and submit the supplemental even though I don't meet the PCAT requirement? or should not?

I know this may seem like a useless response but I think you should call the school. I don't know how this school works but I was under the impression that once they invite you to do the supplemental then you made it past the "first step." there may be a chance that the school automatically sends out those emails regardless of your stats so in that case you might lose money. So your best bet is to call.