should I switch from July to August

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NewKidin2block

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
need advice from the experienced.

about 7 weeks from the July 24 MCAT, still not feeling prepared. how much would switch from July to late August hurt the application? when will the school receive the scores?

any input is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

im actually the complete opposite. Im signed up for August 20th, but I might switch to July 13th if I feel ready in the next 2 weeks. Starting practice exams this week and Ill see from there what ill do. I dont think it would be late at all. Just submit the amcas without mcat and the scores will be sent out automatically when theyre available. Many med schools send secondaries without mcat scores.

7 weeks is a lot of time, but you need to give more information for people to help.

Have you already started studying? I think 4 weeks of preparation is enough for the test, depending on what areas you need to work on. I'm not sure if you are studying/working full time, but 7 weeks should be enough time if you have other things to work on as well.

Have you taken a practice test yet? This will be the most important factor. If you are not scoring well now, there is still time to improve in 7 weeks. My test marks started peaking around my 5 or 6th practice test. So if you have already started studying, start doing practice tests. This will be the best indicator of how prepared you are.

7 weeks, but I have obsessed with final week next week, that mean I only have 6 weeks of times. I need do work in the lab during day-time, so it's less than 6 weeks. I am retaking this time, I must, since my old score expired.

i been studying on and off, i only done biology so far, it's hard when you are studying on and off, because the material need to be review once in a while for it to be retained.

does it still take them a month to report the CBT score? or they cut it down to 2 weeks?

QUOTE=koopa_troopa;5227961]7 weeks is a lot of time, but you need to give more information for people to help.

Have you already started studying? I think 4 weeks of preparation is enough for the test, depending on what areas you need to work on. I'm not sure if you are studying/working full time, but 7 weeks should be enough time if you have other things to work on as well.

Have you taken a practice test yet? This will be the most important factor. If you are not scoring well now, there is still time to improve in 7 weeks. My test marks started peaking around my 5 or 6th practice test. So if you have already started studying, start doing practice tests. This will be the best indicator of how prepared you are.[/QUOTE]

Takes one month to get your scores. ;)

7 weeks, but I have obsessed with final week next week, that mean I only have 6 weeks of times. I need do work in the lab during day-time, so it's less than 6 weeks. I am retaking this time, I must, since my old score expired.

i been studying on and off, i only done biology so far, it's hard when you are studying on and off, because the material need to be review once in a while for it to be retained.

does it still take them a month to report the CBT score? or they cut it down to 2 weeks?

QUOTE=koopa_troopa;5227961]7 weeks is a lot of time, but you need to give more information for people to help.

Have you taken a practice test yet? This will be the most important factor. If you are not scoring well now, there is still time to improve in 7 weeks. My test marks started peaking around my 5 or 6th practice test. So if you have already started studying, start doing practice tests. This will be the best indicator of how prepared you are.
[/QUOTE]