Should I take a WF?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

medadvicewanted

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am a current post-bachelor student (informal) and I have been taking post-bachelor classes and been doing well in them. I have been receiving all A's up until this semester and right now I have 3 A's and a C or D in a Developmental Biology course. I was going to take a W and withdraw from the course just do that it doesn't damage all of the post-bachelor work I have done so far but now after contacting the professor it is a WF that will be recorded rather than a simple W. Now I am lost as to whether I should take a WF or try to finish out the course and raise my grade. There are 2 exams left. The material is EXTREMELY boring and irrelevant. When I registered for the course I assumed it was a course similar to embryology but instead it is about spiders, frogs, mice, etc. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would definitely try to raise the grade. Apparently WF is calculated.

"Withdraw fail grades ( WF) are included in the AADSAS GPA calculation as a zero value. All courses which you have officially withdrawn from, that are not classified as "WF" are not factored into your GPA calculation. ADEA AADSAS calculates a standardized GPA across other colleges/universities and therefore doesn't recognize individual schools policies regarding withdrawn grades.Therefore, ADEA AADSAS must factor this grade into your GPA calculation. Once your application arrives at your designated programs, they may or may not recalculate your GPA depending upon their own individual policies"

Status
Not open for further replies.