Should I take cal 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Morty c137

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
should I take cal 1?

This cycle I’ve had to privilege to interview at Harvard, and they are the only school I interviewed at that requires it. At the start I added the class to my planned course work because I thought this school was a reach. Now the position I’m in is kinda frustrating because I graduated this December, and if I were to take cal 1 it would just be that class and pay out of pocket. The original plan I had was, if I made it out of the interview applicant pool (big reach) I would take the class in the summer. I soon learned that Harvard starts July 1st and my university ends summer 1 July 10th. Only option would be taking it this spring, before knowing if I’m rejected or accepted. I just would be really bummed out if by a miracle I get accepted and I can’t go becuase ill be missing cal 1.

Just to add, I’d be happy to not take it as I have an acceptance to one of my top choices, but I just feel like the opportunity of Harvard is too big?

Members don't see this ad.

Sign up for the class and pay for it if you have to. Then in the worst case scenario that you get rejected from Harvard, you can get a partial refund?
If you get accepted, why risk it?

Reactions: 1 user
Take it at a CC , it will be less expensive.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you want to go to Harvard?

I’ve been bamboozled, thread is over my original plan of taking it in the summer is good. I mixed up another schools start date with this schools. Sorry everyone pls feel free to leave a message of me wasting yalls time, or you could understand my neuroticisms and how it took over for a bit :/ I still thank y’all for responding but also apologize for my mix up. better here on sdn than IRL!

Edit: the school I had mixed up was UT Dell Med which has the same curriculum as Harvard, I hope y’all can see my mistake was valid :/

Happy New Years!!

EF767BF5-B117-4E03-891D-B027018D6738.png
Sorry, bad news: per MSAR Harvard requires prereqs be completed by June 2018

View attachment 245644
Seeing that your picture/ MSAR is outdated.... no way it must be completed a year in advanced prior to matriculating.

Harvard website states... must be completed prior to matriculating... as before August when they start.