Should I take Duet and Snapshot?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

metsfan1234

Reaction score
As someone applying in the 2021-2022 cycle none of the schools require snapshot and duet on their sites. Should I take them?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes.

Edit: I suppose I should add more detail.
There are posts on here from people last year who didn't take it, and then a school decided to require it in the middle of the cycle. Because the applicant was more than 10 days post-CASPer, they were ineligible to take Duet and Snapshot. This is entirely unfair, but it's the reality. Duet takes about 15 minutes, and Snapshot takes about 10, and neither really requires any preparation. Given that there aren't any additional fees outside of what you already paid for CASPer, it seems that the safest course of action would be to take Duet and Snapshot, just in case a school down the road requires it or you add a school at the last minute.

Okay. Should I be dressed up in button down shirt / tie for the interview. Do I need to wear a suit jacket as well?

Also doesn't this all seem kind of scammish/misleading.

Okay. Should I be dressed up in button down shirt / tie for the interview. Do I need to wear a suit jacket as well?
I think they say to wear whatever you would wear to a normal interview. I wore a full suit with a jacket, but I don't think it'd be a huge deal if you left out the jacket.
Also doesn't this all seem kind of scammish/misleading.
100%

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Happy to help!

There's not really any studying you can do for Duet.

For Snapshot, they're pretty standard interview questions so you can't really prepare. I ran through a few standard interview questions beforehand just to get in the right mindset.