Should I take the MCAT on Saturday?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Endoxifen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm in a bit of an interesting situation. I scheduled my MCAT for the 19th and while my studying has been going well, I unfortunately had to take about 3 weeks off in the last month and a half of studying because of moving, finals, graduation, etc. I've spent the last week trying to get myself up to speed and I just took the AAMC FL3 and I scored 521. This is the first AAMC FL I've taken, though I have taken 3 EK FL, the AAMC sample test, and 1 Next Step exam. My scores have been really stable with the exception of C/P, which I've studied non-stop for the past week, bringing me from an average of 124 to my most recent scores of 129 on FL3 and 86% correct on my last EK. My question is, considering that I haven't taken all of the AAMC exams and I really don't know what I don't know at this point, is it a good idea to take it this Saturday or should I push it off? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would say that if you took the FL3 under exam conditions, then a 521 is a brilliant score on an AAMC FL and bodes well for your score on the real thing. Take it without worries.

Reactions: 1 users
I would say that if you took the FL3 under exam conditions, then a 521 is a brilliant score on an AAMC FL and bodes well for your score on the real thing. Take it without worries.
Not quite exam conditions. I took it in a coffeeshop at 9:30 instead of 8, but I don't think it will make much of a difference honestly.

Take FL2 tomorrrow 8am timed and that will let you know. Then you can relax Friday for Saturday.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I took the practice exam and I got a 518. That's pretty good, though it's below my goal of 520. I did worse on my P/S (131 to 129) because of a couple content gaps. I think with solid review of that, I'll be back where I want to be. What do you all think?

Reactions: 1 user