1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

should I update some schools?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by 203712, Dec 20, 2008.

1. 203712

Pre-Medical
    Hey all,

I know its late in the year to be begging for interviews, but some nice academic stuff has happened for me and I was wondering if I could get some feedback on an update letter. I have given an oral presentation of my research to the Advisory Committee in charge of our funding, my publication has just came out (first author), and the Advisory Committee asked me to give a second presentation in April. Should I update all of this to medical schools, and if yes how should I go about doing it?

Thanks in Advance:),

SS

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Food

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Do you mean updating schools who have yet to interview you, or those that have already interviewed you? I think you could probably update both if you wanted. Especially those that you already interviewed at.

4. Pedsbro

7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Absolutely you should update them about a publication. Before I got my acceptance a few weeks ago, I had just updated all of them about a new job I got and most of them appreciated it and said it would go into my file. There are some schools (i.e. Albany) that specifically say they don't want any updates of any kind, so check your schools before sending an email to their adcom office with your update.

5. Darkshooter326

Darkshooter326 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    There are like a million threads on this topic. Do a quick search.

And...

yes :rolleyes: