Should I Update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutbolPremed

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been a scribe for a few months now and I have a better understanding of primary care. Should I update this to the schools that accept updates if I write a paragraph about how this job has impacted me and my pursuit of medicine?

Members don't see this ad.

No. Everyone is a scribe. This will not sway your application one bit. If it's post interview and you have some accomplishments to provide, include it at that time. Otherwise leave it out.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

No. Everyone is a scribe. This will not sway your application one bit. If it's post interview and you have some accomplishments to provide, include it at that time. Otherwise leave it out.

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If it's post interview and you have some accomplishments to provide, include it at that time. Otherwise leave it out.
If you wait until you also have a fall term grade update, include it in the same communication (for schools that allow them), along with pertinent comments about ongoing activities already mentioned in the Primary.

Reactions: 1 user
@Catalystik has an excellent point, it is worth including with something like grade updates (which are of substance and important) as an indication of how you have spent your time.