Should I upload this LoR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kabooya

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my ERAS for PM&R, but afterwards decided I'd prefer to do categorical IM instead. I have 3 letters, but was wondering if I should upload a 4th letter from a well known PM&R physician. I know it is probably not recommended, but I wrote my personal statement explaining why, although my application seems geared towards PM&R, I want to do IM now. I think the PM&R letter is strong, but it just probably says that I'd make a good PM&R physician. What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my ERAS for PM&R, but afterwards decided I'd prefer to do categorical IM instead. I have 3 letters, but was wondering if I should upload a 4th letter from a well known PM&R physician. I know it is probably not recommended, but I wrote my personal statement explaining why, although my application seems geared towards PM&R, I want to do IM now. I think the PM&R letter is strong, but it just probably says that I'd make a good PM&R physician. What should I do?
Ask the writer if that is in fact what it says, and if s/he would be willing to edit it to say you'd be a "great physician".

IM is kind of forgiving of stuff like this and if it's in your PS why you changed your mind and that you're committed to IM, you should be fine.

Reactions: 1 user