Should i use chads videos?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmukid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 2 weeks till i take the dat and the only section that i am really nervous about is the gen chem. I've heard from a lot of people that chads is a really useful tool but is 2 weeks enough for me to learn much from chads?

Members don't see this ad.

YES. If you really push through, you can do the videos in less than a week. Take notes during them and do the quizzes after. I wouldn't suggest watching the videos more than once, but instead reference your notes and keep doing the quizzes.

I have 2 weeks till i take the dat and the only section that i am really nervous about is the gen chem. I've heard from a lot of people that chads is a really useful tool but is 2 weeks enough for me to learn much from chads?

Get Chad's. I don't think I've read anywhere on these forums of anyone regretting Chads. Even if you can't get through ALL of it, you can sure get through most of it! :thumbup:

Get Chad's. I don't think I've read anywhere on these forums of anyone regretting Chads. Even if you can't get through ALL of it, you can sure get through most of it! :thumbup:
This.

It took me every last minute of 2 weeks to get through chad's so you probably don't want to devote 100% of your time to the videos (concentrate on other sections too). But get through as many videos as you can on the subjects that you feel weak on.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't bother with 2 weeks left. IMO the strength of Chads videos is that he teaches you the fundamentals throuroughly and efficiently. But you have already done your chem review and orgo review with other materials I assume? Time might be better spent hammering out practice problems. Also it took me a good few weeks to watch the vids, take notes, read, re-read, and absorb the material.

If you look at it, chad's video is roughly 24 hours i believe. I had 2 weeks worth of studying for DAT and someone i met on the forum offered me access to chad's videos 3 days before my D-day, within 28 hours, i finished all of chad's collection of gen chem videos, which helped me got 22 on my GC (it is do able!) since u have 2 weeks left, (which is equivalent to me studying for the entire DAT) i'm sure it is possible. and yes do it, without chad i think i could have only gotten an 18 or so

the following link is my break down of my 2 weeks worth of studying for the DAT, hope it helps.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=844876

Thanks for all the inputs guys. I've done the gen chem section of the destroyer like 3 times and read over the gen chem section of kaplan like twice but from all these inputs i guess its good if i get the videos, wouldnt hurt after all.

dude, chad helped me go from an 18 in both GC and OC to a 21 and a 24, respectively. i watched the videos and took notes and it took me 2 weeks to do all that. you can def do it. good luck

Be aware that there is a "fastplay" option in Chads that plays the videos 25% faster, which is great if you are in a hurry because he spends a decent amount of time just writing stuff on his whiteboard. If you really have the extra time, it would be good to go through his stuff once while taking notes, and then a second time just watching him, maybe with your notes to just glance at.

Be aware, too, that he has guides with notes that accompany the videos and they are a great resource + another way to get some visual learning in.