Should I use Western Dental Consultants--Dr. Gilbert?

Started by wrebgal
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wrebgal

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have to take the operative portion of the WREB exam again in August at USC. This is out of state for me and I am worried about finding patients. I have read mixed reviews about using Western Dental Consultants or LuLau to find my patients. I dont care about spending the money, I just want reliable patients with good lesions. Has anyone used them RECENTLY?? Can you share your recent experience??
 
Sorry to hear that u have to take it again..
experience with lulau:
I used them just for the perio (my pt backed out last minute) The guy who takes care of all the paperwork is really nice. The dental hygienist who assigns u pts is absolutely horrible! Patient provided was decent. Don't know about operative. Used them in May.
 
I have to take the operative portion of the WREB exam again in August at USC. This is out of state for me and I am worried about finding patients. I have read mixed reviews about using Western Dental Consultants or LuLau to find my patients. I dont care about spending the money, I just want reliable patients with good lesions. Has anyone used them RECENTLY?? Can you share your recent experience??

I just had to reply to this as I just took the WREB with LuLau, and the two restorative patients I worked on were NOT the ones I was promised. I feel like I was ripped off, as the lesions were anything but ideal.
 
I used Western Dental Consultants for my WREB at USC in 2015. I am a recently graduated specialist who was out of touch with operative and endo for years. When I heard the WDC cost, I hesitated but I had no other choice due to my circumstances. It is expensive but you get what you paid for. I got the full package. WDC arranged for patients; provided excellent one-on-one training; provided an excellent dental assistant based in USC and all the instruments for the exam. I have no regrets since I had a less stressful exam experience and I passed WREB! So basically, if you can afford them, they are definitely worth it. Good luck guys!