Should I wait for Spring Quarter grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hyperdub

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be applying this cycle for MD schools. I have a 3.5/3.4 cGPA/sGPA. I'm wondering if it's worth it to wait for my spring quarter grades, as I'm expected all A's and that would raise my GPA to a 3.55. The problem is that the quarter ends in mid-June, so it'll take a couple weeks until they're officially on the transcript. I would be sending in my application on July 1st if I wait for the grades. Is the month delay worth the .05 GPA increase? I feel that 3.5 and 3.55 look a lot different.

Thank you all for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to be applying this cycle for MD schools. I have a 3.5/3.4 cGPA/sGPA. I'm wondering if it's worth it to wait for my spring quarter grades, as I'm expected all A's and that would raise my GPA to a 3.55. The problem is that the quarter ends in mid-June, so it'll take a couple weeks until they're officially on the transcript. I would be sending in my application on July 1st if I wait for the grades. Is the month delay worth the .05 GPA increase? I feel that 3.5 and 3.55 look a lot different.

Thank you all for your input!

Some good answers here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=900397

Ah ok sorry about that, I'll delete this thread.