• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Should I wait for summer grades?

madguru

Mar 14, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm currently at a 3.55 cGPA and 3.48 sGPA, and I'm taking 12 credits of summer courses in the first session, which would push me up to a 3.59 cGPA and 3.55 sGPA if all goes well. The only problem is the courses end June 29th, which means I'd be submitting AMCAS in the first week of July - is it worth it to wait so long and potentially not be verified until late July/early August for the small(ish) GPA boost?

Reactions: 1 user

MedSchoolTutors

Top MCAT/USMLE/COMLEX Tutors Answer Your Questions
Vendor
2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2019
www.medschooltutors.com
  1. Medical Student
  2. Resident [Any Field]
  3. Attending Physician
Just one opinion but I would not. A 3.55/3.48 split is not going to close doors on you outside of uber competitive places and even then they'll probably still send you a secondary.

The most important part about your science GPA is that it is approximately the same as your cumulative GPA. That says two people that you can do the work of a science curriculum.

David D MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.