Should I wait till April to apply to SMP's starting next fall?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr Turkelton

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in a bit of a hard spot as to when I should apply. I'm in 4th year now and My MCAT's a 31Q and my grades are ****e, (at a 2.7 gpa right now) but I am doing very well this year in almost all high level physiology and chemistry courses and on my way to around a 3.8 for the year. However I only have marks for 2 courses (A- in both), The rest of my classes are year long or second semester so I will be getting those marks in late april or may.


If everything keeps going the way its going now, I will raise my gpa from a 2.7 to close to a 2.9 at the end of the year. Going from absolute ****e to on the cusp of admissions to SMP's I am looking at (RFU, Wayne, UMDNJ, EVMS). However those are all rolling admissions with people applying from them now.


Do you think I should apply now with a lower gpa? or wait to bring my marks up but apply later in the cycle?

Thanks