Should I waive my right to see the LoR's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

derm83

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did my electives in the states and the two attendings I asked to write me letters felt not to hand it to me a preferred to send it directly themselves.

Should I waive me right or ask them what they prefer before I send them the LOR cover sheet which indicates whether I want to waive or not.

On a related note, when should I have my LOR's sent to programs?

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

I did my electives in the states and the two attendings I asked to write me letters felt not to hand it to me a preferred to send it directly themselves.

Should I waive me right or ask them what they prefer before I send them the LOR cover sheet which indicates whether I want to waive or not.

If you do not waive your rights to see the letters, the letters will be circumspect. Those reading the letters will wonder how honest the letter writers were being knowing that you were reading the letters. WAIVE your right to see them.

Thanks,

Since you are not a US student, all of your letters are sent to ECFMG which uploads them to ERAS. You can apply and have everything in your file sent from ERAS September 1 if you have the ERAS token.

It sounds as if you are not up to date on how the match works. Please check out these links:

www.ecfmg.org

www.nrmp.org

Thanks,

Waive your right, and have them send it directly to ECFMG. Also, these should be sent now.

Thanks for the info. I just started checking out those websites recently.