Medical Should I worry about IA for having a pet hamster?

Started by gutonc
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, so I live in campus housing which doesn’t allow pets unless medically necessary. My roommate told me she was approved to get an Emotional Support Animal, so we got a hamster together. She never actually applied for an ESA, so when a RA saw the hamster they wrote us up. I had a conduct hearing and was found guilty of violating the housing pet policy and received a written warning. I know the IA is relatively minor, but how severely will this impact my application? I also don’t know if mentioning my roommate is helpful or only comes off as blaming them and it would be better to just focus on taking accountability for my role the situation. I’m planning on applying next year and have otherwise good stats/extracurriculars with no other conduct issues.
I can't comment on how severe this will be (probably not very), but if I was reviewing your app and saw this on your record, I'd laugh my a$$ off at how uptight your school was.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Status
Not open for further replies.