should it all be a review to you?

Started by bxadook
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bxadook

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whilst studying for the MCAT, should all the review materials cover topics you should already know? Have you frequently found yourself studying new information due to poor professors? Wondering if I am the only one.
 
There are definitely tidbits some people will have learned based on what schools they go to. But it shouldn't be an EXCEPTIONAL amount. We're talking maybe 1-2 topics per section at MOST... It's weird tho, because the things I did just learn, after you study it, you see that it relates to stuff you already learned anyway. So, anything new, shouldn't be COMPLETELY new either.
 
There are definitely tidbits some people will have learned based on what schools they go to. But it shouldn't be an EXCEPTIONAL amount. We're talking maybe 1-2 topics per section at MOST... It's weird tho, because the things I did just learn, after you study it, you see that it relates to stuff you already learned anyway. So, anything new, shouldn't be COMPLETELY new either.

Do you mean that after you take your pre-req there should only be 1-2 topics that are new or that after pre-reqs there should only be 1-2 topics you learned from those classes? It sounds like you're saying the later.....I hope I'm mistaken and it's the former.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are definitely tidbits some people will not have learned based on what schools they go to. But it shouldn't be an EXCEPTIONAL amount. We're talking maybe 1-2 topics per section at MOST... It's weird tho, because the things I did just learn, after you study it, you see that it relates to stuff you already learned anyway. So, anything new, shouldn't be COMPLETELY new either.

fixed
 
Whilst studying for the MCAT, should all the review materials cover topics you should already know? Have you frequently found yourself studying new information due to poor professors? Wondering if I am the only one.

yes to gen chem and physics
No to biology, ochem
No to writing and verbal (lol)