Should pathologists become unionized?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RoachUSMLE

Pathological pathologist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the pros and cons? Is it feasible?

Members don't see this ad.

There are too many desperate people who will work for “anything “ and be satisfied.Therefore, the concept of a “strike “ is implausible.

Reactions: 1 users
Looks like Clay Cockerell is ready to unionize (see below tweets from X.
24EE95C6-9008-4BE6-8577-779AC52745BA.jpeg

515CF0D4-FBAF-42A7-A765-3A3760048AE4.jpeg

AF158BF2-E858-4962-BF29-EA9E82ADD36D.jpeg

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting - it would have to be a union of all employed (W2) physicians, not just by specialty. I would use the example of a nurse's union Should I Join A Nurses Union? Pros And Cons

For pathologists - unless employed by a medical center/hospital I don't think it's relevant. The decrease in pathologist reimbursement is due to many factors - I don't think a union will help.

Reactions: 1 user
Clay Cockerell? Glad he care so much about patients being harmed....Did the reimbursement cuts force him to engage in this?

Great to hear. I’m sure having that massive fraud lawsuit out of the way really opened up his schedule.
Yea. Now he can be a mouthpiece for the lowly downtrodden pathologist. Was Jordan Belfort unavailable?

Cockerell is a dermatologist who cosplays as a pathologist. Defrauding vererans might even be a legitimate business model in dermatology. Let them own the sleazebag, we have plenty in the ranks of CAP already.